WHY CHOOSE GALM?
What Makes GALM The Industry Leading Event?
1. In-depth per material, per application analysis to practically demonstrate and identify the right materials for the right applications at the right cost
2. Material Suppliers' panel: Revealing plans and perspectives of material suppliers addressing global availability to support increased automotive demand of lightweight materials
3. More OEM speakers than any other lightweighting forum with extended panel discussions and designated Q&A sessions to promote constructive debate
Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Detroit 2013
As we move ever closer to the 2020 fuel economy targets and CO2 emissions standards, it is imperative solutions are found for cost-effectively integrating lightweight materials into multi-material vehicles.
Developing technical strategies for overcoming cost pressures by identifying the right material for the right application, leveraging existing infrastructure and overcoming manufacturing challenges of joining dissimilar materials clearly are key to unlocking mass market potential.
It is the mission of the Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Initiative to support delivery of aggressive lightweighting through a unique per material analysis to assess how to successfully integrate multi-materials into vehicles.
Key Themes Include:
MULTI-MATERIAL CASE STUDIES: Justifying Material Selection And Overcoming Barriers Of Cost, Infrastructure And Manufacturing
PER MATERIAL, PER APPLICATION ANALYSIS: Aluminum, Magnesium, Carbon Fiber Composites And Ultra High Strength Steel
TOTAL VEHICLE LIGHTWEIGHTING: Translating Mass Decompounding Philosophy Into Practical Cost Effective Lightweighting Of The Entire Vehicle
MIXED MATERIAL JOINING: Practically Overcoming Manufacturing Challenges And Assessing Cutting Edge Fastening Technology To Allow For Multi-Material Vehicle Structures
FORMING OF LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIALS: In Depth Analysis Comparing And Contrast Stamping, Extrusions, Casting and Forging
LEVERAGING EXISTING INFRASTRUCTURE: How Can We Use What We Have? What is The Tipping Point For Infrastructure Transformation?
GLOBAL AVAILABILITY OF SUPPLY: Overcoming Global Challenges Of Lightweighting For Supply Of Materials And Capacity Of Suppliers
Material Characterization for CAE Workshop
Following your requests, this year we have introduced new features to the agenda including a pre-conference workshop (August, 20) on material characterization for CAE.
This interactive forum will bring together the views of OEMs, Tier 1s and Material Suppliers to evaluate practical solutions for accurate modeling of multi-material vehicles including pre-competitive cross industry collaboration and the democratisation of material characteristics for lightweight materials and new alloys.
Senior R&D Manager, Dow Automotive
"I liked the topics, presence of OEMs and competitive materials"
THE 2013 SUMMIT
WHAT'S NEW THIS YEAR?
1. Material Characterization for CAE Workshop bringing together the views of OEMs, Tier 1s and Material Suppliers to evaluate practical solutions for accurate modeling of multi-material vehicles
2. Practical Demonstration Of Total Benefits Of Lightweighting across the Body, Chassis, Powertrain and Sub-Systems to evaluate mass decompounding effects across the entire vehicle
3. Per Material, Per Application Analysis For Joining And Forming; taking a deep dive into practically overcoming manufacturing challenges to form and join mixed material lightweight vehicles
4. Extended Panel Discussions after presentations to compare and contrast new advancements and promote active discussion and constructive debate
5. Overcoming Global Challenges Of Lightweighting: Addressing Global Availability Of Raw Materials, Manufacturing Capabilities and Tier 1 Support for vehicles produced on a global scale
6. Optimising Through Lightweight Design: Part Consolidation, Packaging Efficiency And Designing For Fiber Reinforced Composite Structures